Subject: pppoe/pppoa [Re: gsip sends byte-swapped vlan tags]
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/28/2006 12:31:40
On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 03:30:25PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> > And I can't change it (where can I buy an ATMF25 sbus adapter, with
> > documentation to write a driver ?)
>
> Sure you can change it.  You're just not willing to pay the price it
> would entail.  (The cheapest price would probably be to get a low-end
> x86 box for your end of it.

Still I would need a ATMF25 adapter for it, and I don't see this available
in online stores (not talking about docs to write a driver). I could
also get a PCI or USB ADSL modem for this x86 box, but again I would
need docs for write a driver, and this doesn't seem that easy to get.

> Other alternatives might include such
> things as switching to a different grade of service.)

No, all ADSL infrastructure I know off here are using the same setup:
L2TP or ATM on the provider's end, ADSL-to-whatever on your end.

The situation I'm in currently isn't optimal, but AFAIK it's the best
compromise I can get for my usage.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>