Subject: Re: looking for driver for sun gigabit ethernet cards
To: Kurt Schreiner <>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/26/2006 13:49:48

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 05:00:11PM +0100, Kurt Schreiner wrote:
> Hi,
> I'v some single-port and a quad-port sun-gigabit ethernet cards which
> show in dmesg like so (this is on a sun w2100z dual opteron machine
> running -current as of today):
> The Ethernetchip is a DP83065UFJ...
> Any chances to find a driver for these beasts?

The DP83865 is a GigE PHY, but I've also seen references to a DP83065.
National is usually good about providing databooks, but I can only find
one for the DP83865 PHY.  However I did find=20
that suggests that the MAC may be a Sun GigaSwift w/ a National PHY,
fab'd by National.
is also insightful.

It's *remotely* possible that the gem(4) or gsip(4) drivers would support
this chip.

	Jonathan Kollasch

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (NetBSD)