Subject: Re: openbgpd 3.7
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/23/2006 10:45:07
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>> It would be a shame to squander openbgpd's *.mk-based build and
>> cross-buildability by putting it into pkgsrc instead of into base.
>
> I tend to agree.  With syspkg so close to working, I think this is
> precisely the sort of thing that should go into /usr/src though quite
> possibly not into the traditional base.tgz tar file.

How do you build a program in a syspkg world, but not have it in the
base.tgz? Will it be installed by 'build.sh install=/whatever"?
Is there one base.tgz that's uniform across all installations, or will
there be different ones?

(I understand that the idea is to have base.tgz go away altogether...)

  - Hubert