Subject: Re: stf(4) and NAT protocol forwarding
To: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/08/2006 16:37:38
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> is on 3.0/macppc if that makes any difference.  Is there a way to
> get stf(4) to decapsulate *all* protocol 41 packets, and base
> everything on the internal destination address?

I have no idea.

But...
if I were a stf proccessing unit, and would get a 6to4 packet for an IPv4
address on an interface where that IPv4 address is not assigned, I'd
probably start wondering (and possibly drop that packet).

At the very least, make sure that you have packet forwarding
(net.inet6.ip6.forwarding & net.inet.ip.forwarding sysctls) on.

  - Hubert