Subject: stf(4) and NAT protocol forwarding
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/07/2006 22:57:17
--mlvFMpb4NrD3AMcD

Hi,
	Because my ADSL gateway (running OpenWrt Busybox/Linux\ 2.4)
isn't providing me with stable 6to4 connectivity (long story, not
on topic here) I've decided to switch my 6to4 router back to NetBSD.

I've got full control over iptables on the ADSL gateway, thus I
can do protocol forwarding.  However, I can't get stf(4) to accept
packets directed at its private IPv4 address.  I'm using the binat
rule as suggested the last time this subject came up, it seems to
let the packets get out.  I've tried using the link2 bit on stf0
and it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference.  I can see the
encapsulated packets arrive at the 6to4 router, directed at it's
local private address.  lo0 holds a copy of my public IP.  This
is on 3.0/macppc if that makes any difference.  Is there a way to
get stf(4) to decapsulate *all* protocol 41 packets, and base
everything on the internal destination address?

	Jonathan Kollasch

--mlvFMpb4NrD3AMcD

--mlvFMpb4NrD3AMcD--