Subject: Re: connection bonding?
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/09/2005 05:33:23
David Laight wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:38:22PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
>
>>Other protocols are even worse, IBM SNA usually aborts session
>>immediately if packets are lost (and reordering is counted as
>>"lost")...
>

> The ISO protocols (eg class 4 transport over LLC1, and LLC2 itself)
> require that the network not duplicate nor re-order packets.

CLNS (over LLC1) doesn't care about duplicate or reordered paclets.
CONS (over LLC2) *does* care about duplicate or reordered packets.

TP4 will gracefully handle network lossage, but then it typically runs over
CLNS.  TP2 or TP0 won't since they run over CONS.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/