Subject: State of "jumbo frames" support?
To: None <>
From: Jeff Rizzo <>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/25/2005 16:01:00

Before I beat my head against this too much more, I thought I should ask
here -

what's the word on "jumbo frames" support in NetBSD?  I was interested
in adding it to the sk(4) driver, but wanted to get a look at what
working support was like, first... i've been unsuccessful at getting it
to work with a couple of re(4) boards (the man page says the chips don't
seem to support past an MTU of 7500, but I wasn't able to get 4500 to
work), or a couple wm(4) boards  (ping -s 2002 works, ping -s 2003 does

I _have_ been able to get jumbo frames working with a bge(4) board, and
with a pair of ti(4) boards I have.  (No great amount of testing, but
with an MTU of 9000, "ping -s 8972" fits everything into a single frame,
and gets a successful echo reply).

Any other reports?  Things I should watch out for?

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -