Subject: emcast and PR 7003
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/13/2005 10:58:23
--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

Hi,
	Recently I've been working with IPv4 multicast on NetBSD. It seems that
one problem described in PR 7003 (NetBSD sends and receive IP pkts  with
multicast source address) still exists in 2.1. NetBSD will receive multicast
packets from emcast running on Linux, but the Linux host cannot receive pac=
kets
=66rom emcast running on NetBSD. This is because the packets sent from the =
NetBSD
host have a multicast *source* address. So my question; is this a problem in
NetBSD or in emcast? I'm inclined to believe it may be a problem with both;=
 as
vlc on NetBSD multicasts packets with a normal unicast source address. Shou=
ldn't
the kernel enforce that the source address is unicast?

	Jonathan Kollasch

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--