Subject: Re: Real Time O.S vs 'conventional' one.
To: David Rhodus <drhodus@machdep.com>
From: Jim DeLisle <jdelisle@swellsoftware.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/26/2005 09:39:32
Yes. This is the approach the FSM has taken. I once spoke to one of
their developers on a trip to Munich and he was convinced that this was
the right way to do hard real time with a Linux kernel. If you really
narrow your opinion of what an RTOS should be, his arguments made some
sense. But, in the world of deterministic, hard real time, this
solution, IMHO, falls flat. I don't believe that there is a 'right' way
of doing hard real time in Linux, because I don't believe that the way
exists at all.

--
Swell Software, Inc.
jdelisle@swellsoftware.com