Subject: Re: patch rfc: source-address selection policy
To: None <pavel.cahyna@st.cuni.cz>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/22/2005 09:09:02
--XZLT0nNRngx3qG4/

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 09:06:50PM +0200, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> I don't think that the "same-category" policy is sensible in this form.
> Just as 10/8 addresses and global addresses are in different categories,
> you can also treat subsets of the RFC1918 space as different categories.
> Imagine, for example, a large intranet with 10/8 addresses having small
> 192.168/16 networks connected to it, whose addresses are not reachable
> from the intranet.

That's fine, in this case the common-prefix form is all you need. =20

The purpose of the category form is to represent special knowledge
that certain assigned numbers can belong together, despite being
numerically distant.

If they don't belong together in your network, as in the example
above, you don't need this form.

--
Dan.

--XZLT0nNRngx3qG4/