Subject: Re: FTP EPSV and data connections
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/16/2005 03:16:30
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:52:02 +0000
Brian Ginsbach <ginsbach@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> I'm guessing that they are using vsftpd (at least I believe that the
> vsftpd documentation claims use by RedHat).  You may want to take
> a look at the vsftpd code.  It is in pkgsrc.

You're right:

 --- (ttyp2) mmondor@sat.xisop $ telnet download.fedora.redhat.com 21
Trying 66.187.224.20...
Connected to download.fedora.redhat.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 Fedora FTP server ready. All transfers are logged.
stat
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
user anonymous
331 Please specify the password.
pass test
230 Login successful.
stat
211-FTP server status:
     Connected to 66.11.179.30
     Logged in as fedora
     TYPE: ASCII
     No session bandwidth limit
     Session timeout in seconds is 300
     Control connection is plain text
     Data connections will be plain text
     At session startup, client count was 61
     vsFTPd 2.0.1 - secure, fast, stable
211 End of status
quit
221 Goodbye.
Connection closed by foreign host.

Matt
--
Note: Please only reply on the list, other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking.