Subject: 80211 changes and wpa_supplicant
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/09/2005 14:24:53
After upgrading to the latest -current my wpa_supplicant did not work
anymore. It failed with a:

Starting AP scan (broadcast SSID)
ioctl[SIOCS80211]: Invalid argument
Failed to initiate AP scan.

I tracked it down to these defines in net80211/ieee80211_ioctl.h:

#ifdef __FreeBSD__
#define IEEE80211_IOC_SSID              1
#endif /* __FreeBSD__ */

#ifdef __FreeBSD__
#define IEEE80211_IOC_BSSID             15
#endif /* __FreeBSD__ */

Are these really FreeBSD only or do they work in the NetBSD 80211 too?
I suppose they work on NetBSD too because last weeks compile of
wpa_supplicant worked fine. So I guess these #ifdefs should be removed
or changed to __NetBSD__ .

I am switching from the original wpa_supplicant sources to the
wpa_supplicant from FreeBSD-current now. Linking with the FreeBSD-current
version fails with an undefined reference to `pcap_inject'.

Does NetBSD support pcap_inject() ? I guess not, because I could only
find a feature request for it from 1995.

Is somebody else working on the WPA stuff? I noticed Sam Leffler on
the new developers list.

	rvdp