Subject: Re: DNS for some sites
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/09/2005 03:20:32
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:55:13 +0800
Water NB <netbsd78@126.com> wrote:

> In our internal network, a NetBSD PC (2.0_STABLE) runs as gateway
> and DNS server (named).  Others PCs get IP from this NetBSD.
>
> Because some tunnel sub-network is running. for example, a remote VPN
> clinet (PC1) is connected with NetBSD, PC1's tunnel IP is 10.9.1.1
>
> When internal PC query PC1's IP, I want NetBSD PC tell them that PC1's
> IP is 10.9.1.1, not to query external DNS server, How can I do?
>
> I add the item in /etc/hosts, but it doesn't affect.

Did you also try adding it to named?  You seem to already be running it
and it seems to be a perfect job for it, unless I misunderstood your
request...  Of course this would assume that the NetBSD DNS server is
used as the default DNS server for that internal box, though

Matt

--
Note: Please only reply on the list, other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking.