Subject: Re: Port forwarding question
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/14/2005 21:47:05
--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 02:15:04PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> > I'm looking to solve a very specific problem, and I've no idea how.
> > In a nutshell, I'd like to set up an IPv4 alias on one machine and
> > have it forward all connections coming to any port to an arbitrary
> > IPv6 address, one which is not necessarily local to the IPv4 machine.
>=20
> This is close enough to what the faith code is designed to do that you
> could probably save yourself some work by starting with that.=20

I agree. TO be exact, if I'm not totally mistaken, faith does the reverse...
forwarding TCP connectiosn to a range of IPv6 adresses to the IPv4 internet,
and providing a translating DNS server, so that v6-only machines can=20
connect to a machine on the v4 Internet.

Of course, if you only needed a few ports, creative combination of (bound
to a specific address) entries in /etc/inetd.conf calling nc would be
enough.

Regards,
	-is

--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum