Subject: Re: Port forwarding question
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/13/2005 14:15:04
> I'm looking to solve a very specific problem, and I've no idea how.
> In a nutshell, I'd like to set up an IPv4 alias on one machine and
> have it forward all connections coming to any port to an arbitrary
> IPv6 address, one which is not necessarily local to the IPv4 machine.

This is close enough to what the faith code is designed to do that you
could probably save yourself some work by starting with that.  I know
that back when I looked at it, it was quite simple to diddle the faith
support into accepting connections regardless of the target port
number, which is the hardest part of what you want to do here.  (In
case you want to look at what I did, anonymous ftp to
ftp.rodents.montreal.qc.ca and look in
/mouse/source-tree/patches/working/ - the "doc" file is a good place to
start; searching for "faith" in it will point you at the patches.  In
particular, I suggest looking for anything mentioning FAITHALL.)  What
I did goes the other way (v6 to v4), since that's what faith is
designed for, but it may be useful as a starting point for you.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign