Subject: tap(4) + bridge(4) + OpenVPN advice sought
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/10/2005 21:01:59
--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

I've got a server hosted in the datacenter at which I work, and I would like
to bridge it (over an encrypted vpn, of course), into my home LAN. At the
moment, my main thought is to use OpenVPN, bridge(4) and tap(4), but I've
never done this before, so I'm looking for suggestions. The server at home
that will be running the home side of the bridge is running NetBSD 3.99.7,
and the server at work is running Debian 3.1.

If anyone has done this before and wants to offer some pointers, I would
greatly appreciate it.

TIA,
-Sean

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99