Subject: Re: ralink wireless drivers
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/05/2005 10:28:31
It occurred to me that Matthias Drochner wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.devel.network:

> martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl said:
>> In what aspect are these drivers different from the efforts of  iMil
>> <imil@imil.home.net>
>
> As I understand it, this is a backport to NetBSD-2.x.
> Or am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing the point that it's also supposed to work on current,
and I can personally vouch for the fact that it runs on NetBSD-3..

I'm not saying it's better per se, but on the other hand it doesn't appear
to have some of the troubles your driver seems to be having. Unfortunately,
I haven't had the time to try and compile a -current kernel featuring your
driver, and see what that does on my hardware.