Subject: Re: supported harware for zeroconf
To: None <netbsd-soc-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net, tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/05/2005 06:50:48
On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 05:28:59PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> The link-level stuff you need to worry about is probably just the
> IPv4 link-local address selection, right?  Have you considered
> implementing that using SOCK_RAW instead of BPF?

I'd consider that, too. With BPF you have to implement each differing
type of link-level yourself, while the kernel already has an
implementation.

E.g., ARCnet is alien to Ethernet, I think IEEE1394 is alien (doesn't
it use something like EUI64 as a MAC address?), AX25 would be if we had it.

Regards,
	-is
--
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/