Subject: Re: ralink wireless drivers
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/02/2005 20:37:33
It occurred to me that Matthias Drochner wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.devel.network:

> Hi -
> I've just imported the freebsd/openbsd ralink wireless drivers,

In what aspect are these drivers different from the efforts of
iMil <imil@imil.home.net>, which have been around for quite a while? I know
these originate from Daniel Bergamini as well.

I've been running these drivers for a while now (For my cardbus card), and
there's only one problem I'm aware of: skype manages to crash the kernel.
Hard.

> as submitted in PR kern/30449, with some minimal changes.
> I can only test the usb part (with an "ASUS 802.11g WLAN Drive");
> it works to some extent, if I bring the interface up first time
> with the right ssid. If I change the ssid to another network
> it doesn't work, and even if I change it back it doesn't recover.

None of those problems here. Maybe it's time for a close comparison? See

:pserver:anoncvs@gcu.info:/cvs, module netbsd-ral, login passwd anoncvs.