Subject: dhcpctl [was: WiFi Browser - requirements]
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/20/2005 14:56:41
On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 10:39:26AM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 06:29:19PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
>   | Another aside: would it be worth building dhcpctl by default in a standard
>   | build?
>
> We already build & install /usr/sbin/omshell.
>
> It appears that the dhcpctl library is built as a 'private' library
> just for out dhcpd build; we don't install /usr/lib/libdhctl.a,
> /usr/include/dhcpctl.h, or dhcpctl(3).
> Is this what you're asking for ?

I hadn't spotted omshell, but yes I was after the library. Currently we
have a web interface which registers new computers into a postgresql
database, then create a dhcpd.conf file from that, and restart dhcpd.
Triggers "on update" within the database to update the running dhcpd
seems cleaner..

> If so, please send-pr so we may evaluate the request.

OK - I must think about it some more..

Cheers,

Patrick