Subject: Re: [Summer of Code] WiFi Browser
To: Ivo Vachkov <ivo.vachkov@gmail.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/07/2005 14:36:21
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Ivo Vachkov wrote:
> - Signal/Strength/Noise Monitor (look at my ugly code and screenshot
> to get the main idea
> http://www.unilans.net/development/projects/wi-mon/wi-mon-1.0.c and
> http://www.unilans.net/development/screens/wi-mon/wi-mon.png )
> - Current Status
> - Dinamic choosing mode/AP/settings (probably a simple config window
> in which you fill in the values and they get set immideately to the
> hardware)

Looks nice.
Would this be integrated in some existing tool like systat(1) or be a
standalone utility? Would it work with all network cards, or only with
some? I think there's some wlanctl utility in -current that may be used
to discover a few things too... I don't know how much of the functionality
of them overlaps, but nicely integrating things would be good).

  - Hubert

--
Genervt von Viren und von Viren versandten Spam-Mails?  -> www.NetBSD.de
Fed up from viruses & virus-originated spam mail?       -> www.NetBSD.org