Subject: Re: Summer of Code: Policy routing / Implement IPv6 ipflow_fastforward
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ivo Vachkov <ivo.vachkov@gmail.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/07/2005 12:56:12
On 6/7/05, Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:

> Send your ideas, proposals & questions here so interested people can chim=
> in. You'll still have to submit your proposal to Google.
>=20
>=20
>   - Hubert
>=20
Ideas on both projects:

Policy Routing:
- extend "struct rtentry" to include additional information for TOS
fields, Source based routing, maybe even protocol based routing, ttl
routing, packet lenght routing
- add support in /sys/net/route.c
- add support in /sbin/route/route.c and alike

Implement IPv6 ipflow_fastforward:
- basicly add flow hash table and route packets over it

Questions:
- Am I right ? Do I think right ? I'm new to kernel programming, but
it seems to me that the code is clean enogh for me to understand most
of it.
- Can you point me some in-depth readings about the design and
implementation of BSD network code. Unfortunately, I can't afford to
buy "The Desing and Implementation of 4.4BSD" :(

Thank you in advance.
    Ivo Vachkov