Subject: [Summer of Code] WiFi Browser
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Ricardo Pinto <rncp@mega.ist.utl.pt>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/07/2005 03:29:50
Hi there!

I am interested in this project, so before I apply, I would like to have
some feedback.

- User interface will be done through curses(3), as it has been pointed
out before. This is the only way to achieve portability easily and ensure
that even the most simple install can use this tool. It would also be fine to
have a simpler output, so that othe applications can use the output of
this to configure interfaces, record signal strenght, etc.

- Features offered by the browser: AP list, with SSID, Encryption,
channel number, ... (please reply to complete the list)

- About hardware access, I think it can be done through ioctl(2), although
I need a little help in here, because I have never used it. (Is this the
easiest / most elegant way of doing this?)

Best regards,

	Ricardo Pinto