Subject: Re: TCP extensions: Tahoe, Vegas, ...?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/04/2005 03:27:21
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> How about wording like this:
>
>   The TCP implementation in
>   .Nx
>   includes NewReno (which subsumes the earlier TCP-Reno and
>   TCP-Tahoe versions), TCP Selective Acknowledgements (SACK,
>   RFC-2018, rfc-2883), and TCP-Westwood.

OK

> followed by another sentence in the same paragraph, detailing which
> options are off by default and require sysctls to enable them?

I prefer not to go near that. Our sysctl documentation is a serious mess,
and if someone wants to sort that out, that would be very great.
I.e. for a start, a description of all tcp related sysctls could be put
into tcp.4, and then tcp.4 be Xref'd from sysctl.[89], i.e. move
documentation of the sysctl knobs to the related topic.

There seems to be quite a few of these knobs, of which I know 0. :(

  - Hubert

--
Genervt von Viren und von Viren versandten Spam-Mails?  -> www.NetBSD.de
Fed up from viruses & virus-originated spam mail?       -> www.NetBSD.org