Subject: Re: gre(4) and multicast
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/14/2005 21:18:39
--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

hi,

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 11:41:27AM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:

> I'm not really sure how the all-routers multicast address is handled
> internally.  Is it possible that it answers only if the ospfd is
> running, and has registered on all interfaces where it wants to=20
> setup neighbour adjacencies?

I wouldn't expect it to work otherwise. Being a router in the sense of
all-routers-foo addresses depends on what routing protocol is used, so
I expect the routing daemon to set up those addresses. How is the=20
kernel otherwise supposed to know that I'm a OSPF vs. a RIP router=20
(just to name two)?

Hm, have you checked the interfaces' multicast address list?

Regards,
	-is

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--