Subject: upl driver issues (USB host-to-host)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <davef1624@aol.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/09/2005 12:27:44
Hi,

I'm using the upl driver to provide host-to-host communications
using the USB (uhub) driver.    Connectivity is achieved by using the
Prolific PL2301/PL2302
USB cable/bridges.

I'm sending UDP datagrams over USB without any link-level framing
(e.g., using PPP).
Just the raw IP packets are sent over the USB link to the other host.
In addition, the USB link is configured as 'SIMPLEX' and with an mtu
size of 1500.

I believe I may be experiencing reliability problems across this
host-to-host USB link.

Are there are reliability issues with this configuration?
Should I instead be using PPP (UDP over PPP) to provide link-level
control?
Is there an issue with my mtu size?

Appreciate any help you can provide.