Subject: Re: Status inquiry about kern/29150
To: Chris Ross <cross@distal.com>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/29/2005 14:17:15
In muc.lists.netbsd.tech.net Chris Ross wrote:

>   I see that a patch to add IPv6 support to the gre(7) interface(s)
>was submitted, and became kern/29150.  I have just run into a need
>for this support, and will be applying this patch or something very
>much like it to my 2.0.2 tree.

The patch should apply to 2.0 fine - nothing fundamental has changed
in the *gre.c files recently.

>   I wanted to investigate whether any work has been done to get
>this incorporated into the trunk.  And if so, if it could be
>pulled into netbsd-3 and possibly even netbsd-2.

>   Thanks.  Let me know if you have any opinion or interaction
>with this code.

Due to Sparc64-recursive-softinterrupts issues, I haven't been able to
test it as thoroughly as I planned (read: I'm not using it in production
yet), but all tests that I ran went well (sparc64 and i386), besides the
mentioned packet scheduling problem on sparc64.

The code changes are trivial enough that a review should be easy :-)

"Please give feedback!"

(Just this minute, I see that is@netbsd.org has assigned the PR to
himself, with the comment "Somebody has to do it.", so it seems there
is some progress ;-) ).

regards,

gert
--
gert@greenie.muc.de   fax: +49-89-35655025   http://alpha.greenie.net/mgetty/

A theory is better than its explanation.
                                        -- H. P. Woodward