Subject: VLAN(4) with DC(1)
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <joakim@petabit.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/15/2005 00:32:51
Hey, everybody.

I'm currently working on migrating the border router of my network (AS34025) to a NetBSD2 box, with a quad DC(1) NIC, but before I do I think I would like to be able to use 802.11Q tagging on my DC(1) interfaces.

This works in OpenBSD as well as FreeBSD, so I suppose the chip is able to handle oversized ethernet frames, and therefor able to handle VLAN tagging as well.

Is there a possibility of this getting implemented real soon? I would definitely try to write the patch my self, if I could, but I'm not that much of a coder. I will, any how, be grateful for any information regarding this topic.

Thanks in advance.

Joakim Bomelin
Petabit Networks (http://petabit.se/, AS34025)