Subject: Re: ppp(4) & IPv6?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/10/2005 14:21:36
On Jan 10,  2:13pm, perry@piermont.com ("Perry E. Metzger") wrote:

| Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> writes:
| >> Ipv6 is supported too.
| >
| > OK, I've removed the BUGS section from ppp.4.
|
| I'm not sure that is correct. Consider that we have other protocols
| like clnp still in our source tree. PPP can in theory support such
| things, but our ppp does not (not that many people care).
|
| BUGS should probably just be updated to say that only ipv4 and ipv6
| are supported.
|
| Perry

Sure, we can do that. But why be anal about? If someones opens a PR
to fix cnlp on ppp, we can choose to fix it or add it to the man page.
I think that for the most part, manual pages document what a system
can do, and if it has any significant deficiencies, what it cannot do.
I don't see the inability of do cnlp or whatever else as a significant
deficiency worth while documenting.

christos