Subject: Re: weird ipnat problem (on ancient 1.4U)
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/07/2005 09:34:47
--DaTEgnRu5pEC8TLg

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 03:21:13PM -0700, Herb Peyerl wrote:
> I'm wondering what, in the world, changed in the last month to cause=20
> this to suddenly start happening, on a machine that's been happily=20
> chugging away, doing this same job, for 4 years?   Did a new http=20
> standard come out and now all new browsers are starting to use it?

Unless its some kind of worm, my guess might involve the words firefox
and pipelining, and the number 1.0.  Except I'd kind of expect that to
have the opposite effect, and plus your webserver would have to
support it too.

You haven't updated or changed the NAT/firewall, but has someone
updated the website?  Perhaps scattered lots more small images on it
or something?

--
Dan.

--DaTEgnRu5pEC8TLg