Subject: Re: TCP/SACK support.
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.mff.cuni.cz>
From: Kentaro A. Kurahone <kurahone@sekhmet.sigusr1.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/06/2005 11:50:01
On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:04:00PM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 09:30:04 +0000, Kentaro A. Kurahone wrote:
>
> > Someone gently clued me in that this was needed.
>
> Thanks! When will have time, I will certainly try this and Westwood on our
> high-loss wireless networks, I suspect they could help much. But be
> careful and please test it on a real-world network with packet loss - see
> my post (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2003/05/20/0000.html) for
> an example of a badly done SACK implementation.

Yep.  Will do once I get the other half of SACK done.

I'll probably just end up using dummynet with a high RTT and artificial packet
loss for most of the tests, though I'll make sure to up/download some files
from a box that I have access to in Canada.

--
Kentaro A. Kurahone
SIGUSR1 Research and Development