Subject: Re: ftp over ppp problem
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/08/2004 16:58:54
> a) make sure the TAs create and obey cts/rts
>
> b) make sure your machine's serial ports are used with crt/rts (your
>    variant of ppp will have to be configured for this; for "normal" pppd
>    it's the "crtscts" keyword, I think)

The TA's were configured to use cts/rts flow control and I'd also configured
pppd to use cts/rts. Is the fact the the TA's are USB likely to be a problem
in this regard? Surely the USB flow control works in exactly the same way as
serial?

> 1. serial handshaking problem, resulting in bytes lost resulting in ppp
>    packet  loss

Is there any test that I can perform to explicitly confirm that serial
handshaking is the problem?

Thanks,
 Brad