Subject: Re: ipnat ftp proxy fix yet? (ever?)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/28/2004 19:12:21
On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 12:55:43PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> > I'm not sure passive ftp would work though NAT without the proxy.
> > At last the source address, and possibly the source port, need to be
> > translasted in the PORT command.
>
> Passive FTP doesn't use PORT commands.

Yes, it uses PASV or EPSV. However, I checked the RFC, and none of these
include the source address of the client (I was certain they did, but I was
wrong). Servers probably restrict the connection based on the source
adress of the control command, then, and this will work just fine with NAT.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>