Subject: Re: NetBSD support for TKIP (aka WPA) and/or 802.11i?
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/28/2004 08:53:57
On Thursday 28 October 2004 07:32 am, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> Is there any support in NetBSD for TKIP (aka WPA) security for 802.11
> networks?  I don't have to describe how weak WEP is.  Is anyone looking
> at 802.11i support?

I just got WPA authenticator working on FreeBSD yesterday.  Still a bunch more
work but it's very close (supplicant basically falls out since much of the
code is shared).  Unfortunately NetBSD's net80211 layer has diverged some and
is lacking all the crypto changes to support WPA so it's going to be a bunch
of work for someone...

This is with the Atheros driver.  Support for other drivers shouldn't be too
bad.

 Sam