Subject: Re: release process and fil.c bug
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.cuni.cz>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/10/2004 19:59:13
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:20:22 +0000, Miles Nordin wrote:

> As part of the release process I should point out I've been using this
> patch Pavel sent me on 2.0_BETA.  It's not pulled up yet, and without

I will only add that the patch is done according to my observation how a
similar situation is avoided in frpr_icmp.

> it my IPv6-routing box crashes within a day.
>
> the panic is also discussed in:
>   kern/26839
>   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2004/09/03/0003.html
>   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2004/10/03/0000.html

Are you sure the last one is the same bug? I was talking to Wojciech
privately and we didn't reach any conclusion, as the backtrace was
corrupted.

Wojciech, could you please try to repeat the problem with this patch and
report if the patch fixes it or not?

Bye	Pavel