Subject: Re: IPv6 routing with non-ppp interfaces
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Braun <syn@sceen.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/28/2004 19:56:30
--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:25:26PM -0400, Miles Nordin wrote:
>     rb> I would like to have 2001:7a8:432d:1::/64 allocated to the
>     rb> fxp1 network, without assigning a global address of that block
>     rb> on fxp1.
>=20
> I don't understand why anyone would want to do that.  is your /64
> getting crowded? :)

Simple. I'd like to have only one global address. It simplifies filtering
and DNS, and other things. However, it seems it's not possible without
some crappy hack, and I don't want to disturb any more for this kind of
things. I've added another global address and now it works perfectly :-).
Thanks for your answers.

--=20
Richard Braun

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv