Subject: Re: M_READONLY
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/20/2004 20:17:49

On Sep 20, 2004, at 6:05 PM, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> my point is, there's no reason to make all external storage read-only.
> what you need is M_EXT_READONLY i mentioned in another mail (or
> M_EXT_RW).
> i didn't include it in the patch just because currently there's no code
> which need it in tree (afaik).

Sure.  But "external storage is read-only unless M_CLUSTER" has been
part of our mbuf API for some time now, and 3rd parties have written
code that assumes this.  So, "writable non-cluster external storage"
needs to have an explicit flag to maintain compatibility.

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <>

content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (Darwin)