Subject: Re: M_READONLY
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: Jonathan Stone <>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/20/2004 18:12:42

Catching up a little further, I saw Jason's comments. I think Jason
and I are saying the same thing for the same reasons.

In message <>,
Jason Thorpe writes:

>> although i prefer M_EXT_READONLY because the most of mbufs are R/W,
>> M_EXT_RW is also ok for me.
>I suggested the "explicitly mark it RW" because the "implicit RO"
>behavior has been around for a fairly long time, and there is external
>code that depends on it, almost certainly.

Yes, except s/almost//. I also like the idea of an explicit writable flag.

Either way, the macros in sys/netipsec (at least, possibly elsewhere:
maybe netinet/ip_compat.h?) should be updated to match, if required.