Subject: Re: Patches to use racoon as a server for Cisco VPN client
To: Christoph Kaegi <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/07/2004 17:00:58
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Christoph Kaegi wrote:
> > > Is there any way to do the opposite of this (use NetBSD as a VPN client to
> > > a Cisco server/"concentrator"), as vpnc does?
> >
> > Yes, now I understand the way the protocol works, I can do that easily.
> I'd be *very* interested in this functionality also :-)

If the vpnc solution is enough, there's a package in pkgsrc-wip (iirc),
and a (german language, sorry -- i should really get to translate it!)
documentation available here:

(The article covers how to configure vpnc as a client to a Cisco VPN
Concentrator for both NetBSD and Linux)

 - Hubert

If wishes were wings,  o"   )~  would fly.            -- Go!