Subject: None
To: tech-net@netbsd.org <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: netbsd78 <netbsd78@126.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/23/2004 12:28:07
I have a NetBSD box that be used to as a gatewy.

system is 1.6.2, it has 2 net interfaces: one is for internal, and the other is for external. It runs DHCPD, NAT, IPFilter, samba, HTTP.

Recently, the internal network interface can't work correctly always.
When I ping a host in internal network, it report : No buffer space available. In /var/log/message, I found same error message come from dhcpd.
I check every hosts in internal network, and find out that some hosts are sending flood packets. I
 know they are infected by viruses.

I want to know, why did my NetBSD lost so many buffers? How to get them back?
I shutdown those infected host, but my gatewy could not be recovery.
Isn't what I can do to reboot it or shutdown now and return? I don't like this method. A better way?

Thanks!