Subject: Re: Intel i82547 performance problems in wm(4)
To: HITOSHI Osada <QFH02545@nifty.com>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/16/2004 11:29:18
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, HITOSHI Osada wrote:

> At Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:29:20 +0200 (MEST),
> Mipam <mipam@ibb.net> wrote:
> > Forgive my ignorance, but why is auto negotiation mandatory?
> > Is it described somewhere or is it because manual setup is not supported?
> > Bye,
>
> See this document.
>
> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/power/en/ps1q01_hernan?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz

Thanks, it's clear now.
But it leaves me with another question. Suppose I've got a card
which support tcp offloading. It'll be enabled by default, however,
when i run a firewall which manipulates several fields in the ip and tcp
header i do not wish the card to perform offloading.
Is it allowed to disable this by somethig like
ifconfig wm0 -ip4csum -tcp4csum -udp4csum link0 media autoselect
or isnt it?
Bye,

Mipam.