Subject: Re: ping A->B != ping B->A ?
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/05/2004 12:04:10
> I have two PCs, let's say A and B.

> [A can ping B with nice solid 270-300 us RTTs]
> [B can ping A but with RTTs varying all over the map]

> Any ideas ?

Well...it's a bit of a long shot, but I've seen similar problems in
circumstances that lead me to speculate that on B, the interrupt the
card is actually generating and the interrupt the driver is expecting
are different.  (The dmesg, which I cut, says "irq 11"; that's what the
driver is expecting interrupts on, so my speculation amounts to
guessing that the card is actually interrupting on some other IRQ.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign