Subject: Re: bpf breakage
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/03/2004 07:49:08
On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 11:20:00PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 01:08:15PM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> > 	hmm, i guess you right...  are there any secret reason why ppp does
> > 	not update m_pkthdr.len? >ppp guru
>
> It is strange, isn't it?  Probably just an oversight.  Attached is a
> patch for the anonymous PR sender to try.  (I have not even tried to
> compile it yet.)  I will look again at this tomorrow morning....

I am going to commit the attached patch (same as last, but it fixes a
"variable not used" bug).  The anonymous bug reporter tells me it fixes
the truncated-ip problem.

Let's be on the look-out for more breakage of this sort, and be sure
to fix it in the interface! :-) Might slip/gif/gre be affected, also?
They also add/remove headers.

Dave