Subject: Re: NIC to disk issues
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@NetBSD.org>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/14/2004 10:22:07
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 10:15:30AM -0700, Andrey Petrov wrote:

> > > I was under the impression that 3com 3c905 should be a good NIC?
> > >

> > I don't know actually. Is it?
>
> I think it is. But didn't a RealTek NIC get mentioned earlier in the
> thread? I'm not sure how they are now, but they used to be horrid.

Mostly realtek is well supported in almost any os, but the buffer
management isn't that good (is it?). Mostly i prefer intel nic's for they
perform
even better than other nic's and the buffer management is cool.
Speaking about horrid nic's, what about the broadcom cards? I've got
horrendous experiences with these cards. They also support tcp offload
engine stuff, but do not perform that well in gig networks.
I may be wrong, but it's how i experienced these cards. :-(
Bye,

Mipam.