Subject: why is netipsec/keydb.h #ifdef _KERNEL ?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@redcrowgroup.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/13/2004 22:59:48
This is an area where I'm clearly pretty ignorant...

Can someone explain to me why the contents of netipsec/keydb.h
are #ifdef _KERNEL ?  The part I'm specifically interested in
at the moment is the definition of union sockaddr_union; I'm
playing with some code which runs under OpenBSD and trying
to get it working on NetBSD, but under OpenBSD the definition
of union sockaddr_union is in netinet/ip_ipsp.h, and is _not_
#ifdef _KERNEL, so is available...

I'd love if someone could explain this to me, and possibly make a
suggestion of how to deal with it in the code;  I could in this
case easily declare the union myself, but I suspect there may be
other stuff I might need from there as well...

Thanks,
+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://www.redcrowgroup.com/