Subject: Re: DNS-SD in getaddrinfo()
To: Pelle Johansson <morth@morth.org>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/03/2004 13:03:51
Pelle Johansson <morth@morth.org> writes:

> Going that way though, there should probably be a way for each
> application to override in either way, using perhaps options AI_SRV
> and AI_NOSRV. As pointed out, this is a case where the application
> sometimes does know better than the user.

Each protocol has to have a defined mechanism for how to locate its
service. You can't just stop or start using SRV on your own, so having
this switch under user control is rather meaningless. I think that an
AI_SRV flag is fine (and then it should only return SRV records). Next
step is to amend rfc2553 with it.

/Johan