Subject: Re: kern/25368: crash after SADB_X_SPDFLUSH
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/18/2004 14:29:26
> I think der Mouse is approaching this from a perspective more like
> ``But why *not* add end-user-visible hooks via kernfs?'',

Somewhat.  But I was actually more starting there and then taking that
as another instance of something I've noticed in various other cases
and trying to ask the more generic question prompted thereby.  This was
where the "evil kernfs!" bit came from; that was an attempt to write of
a generic resistance to kernfs of which I perceived this as another
instance.

Given what I now know of the background of this particular case, I can
see how this got misunderstood.  You and I were talking about different
kernfs interfaces, so it's hardly surprising we appeared to disagree.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign