Subject: Driver development for PRISM GT chipset
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Alex <AlexSorg@gmx.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/09/2004 15:43:36
Hi,

A 1.6.2-release kernel prints out this message when plugging in a Netgear WG
511 (IEEE 802.11g) card:
   Intersil, ISL 3890. -, - Intersil product 0x3890 (miscellaneous network,
   revision 0x01) at cardbus0 dev 0 function 0 not configured.

As far as I know till now that means the driver is known but not in the
kernel. Otoh I couldn't find the
apropriate configuration options and also searching for a PRISM GT driver
(or Netgear WG 511) didn't
lead to results. So I assume, the driver is not there.

Is there driver development ongoing for the PRISM GT wireless lan chipset?
I'd like to use it and as I'm
developing software for several year now (Win32 and VxWorks) I could either
start writing the driver by
myself or assist someone who already started with the work.

Kind regards,

Alex.