Subject: Re: inetd and AF_UNIX services
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/20/2004 12:16:25
--qftxBdZWiueWNAVY

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 05:06:21PM +0600, Ian Zagorskih wrote:
>=20
> Hey All,
>=20
> As far as I understand, for now inetd uses only AF_INET and derived strea=
m=20
> sockets for incomming connections.

That's not true ... it also supports AF_INET6.

>                                     On the other hand, I would like to ac=
cess=20
> inetd's service with AF_UNIX socket. It it possibly ?

You have the source. You have an editor and compiler.=20

Seriously: it would not be trivial... as inetd maps a triple to a program
call, while you will only map a single pathname to a program call, so the
parser would have to support two different formats.

I suggest to write a seperate utility for that. Call it "unixd" and the
control file "/etc/unixd.conf".=20

Regards,
	-is

--qftxBdZWiueWNAVY