Subject: can't contacted
To: None <>
From: Matt Doughty <>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/11/2004 03:57:38
Not sure if this is the right list, but here we go.  I am currently behind
a linksys broadband router, and I can't access from any of
the *bsd (netbsd 1.6ZF, and OS X) hosts behind the router.  I can access
the site from my solaris, and windows boxes.  what works from the *bsd

ping to anywhere including
the initial handshake with (it gets to the point of sending the GET and never
gets a response)
access to small pages on the netbsd site (
surfing to all other sites I have tried

what doesn't work:

traceroute to anywhere (traceroute works from the windows box, but not the
solaris and *bsd boxes)
surfing the netbsd site.

The only thing I have found is that netbsd is being used on both sides, and
NetBSD is returning an ipv6 address also which most sites don't at this
point. I would trying stripping out ipv6 support from the kernel to
eliminate that possibility, but I don't currently have enough space to
build out a new release of -current on these boxes, and even if I did it
wouldn't solve my problems with OS X.  I would appreciate any insight into
what might possibly be the problem here.